Likes Likes:  53
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 246 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The PR Thread!

Post Thanks / Like

210 PR from a month ago, I have since hit 215 and had a couple close fights with 220.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CharisLouca View Post
    Building up to a comp. End of my hypertrophy phase.
    are you doing the LSUS program? Is it your first cycle and how much are u improving? I am thinking about running 1 or 2 LSUS cycles during the winter to pack on some mass and strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    are you doing the LSUS program? Is it your first cycle and how much are u improving? I am thinking about running 1 or 2 LSUS cycles during the winter to pack on some mass and strength.
    Do it brah, you will get some great mass and strong squat gains.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefinator02 View Post
    Do it brah, you will get some great mass and strong squat gains.
    I really need dem squat gains. My front/back squats are poverty AF. My CJ is like 92-93% of my best front squat.

Once September rolls around I'll most probably run it until my squat gets to 2-2.5xbw.

How did it affect you? Some big squat PR's?

great lift btw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I really need dem squat gains. My front/back squats are poverty AF. My CJ is like 92-93% of my best front squat.

Once September rolls around I'll most probably run it until my squat gets to 2-2.5xbw.

How did it affect you? Some big squat PR's?

great lift btw
    Whats your squat at now and body weight?

I probably lost ~10 pounds over my time with LSUS, not because the program just ate a little less.

I weighed in the low 170s during the program and now.

You don't really test singles on LSUS so my triple is what I am most proud of and my set of five.

I went through 12 weeks of LSUS then 6 weeks of 5s and 3s. The first 12 weeks I put on around 15 pounds on all my types of reps 10s, 5s, 3s. The next six weeks I put on another 15 pounds on my 5s and 3s.

The pulls are by far the hardest things you will do during the 10s.

I ended up hitting a set of five at 335 when I would have trouble doing 300 for a set of five before I ever jumped on LSUS. Then I hit 355 for three when 315 used to be a good set of five for me.

Don't expect to have any huge technique gains on your clean and snatch during LSUS, at least I didn't. My snatch tech. wasn't really affected in a negative way over the program but my clean went to shit, but I treated it as just deal with losing my clean tech. for now and then jump on a different program when LSUS is done and reap huge benefits.

I am currently on that different program so I will let you know if I have huge gains in the my competition lifts.

Sorry if this is kinda wordy or doesn't make sense I am about to leave work so I am in a rush.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also recently ran a 12 week cycle of LSUS and logged some highlights here:

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=86785

Some memorable PR highlights (weighing 160-165lbs) included:
    10 rep back squat at 325
    5 rep back squat at 345
    3 rep back squat at 355
    3 rep hang clean at 255
    3 rep snatch at 185
    1 rep bench at 255
    Lots of multi rep PRs in the push press and push jerks.

Some lowlights:
    Missed a 10lb back squat PR attempt at the end of the cycle.
    Snatch and clean and jerk maxes from prior to the program were not met.
    The limited front squatting was noticeable in my clean and front squat attempts. I've hit 340 at around 155 bodyweight and missed 320 on a few occasions throughout the program.

Post Thanks / Like
    Few highlight videos from that 12 week cycle. Weight was between 155 and 160lbs:
    3-rep hang clean PR at 255

Miscellaneous PRs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Did 75x10 push press PR on Wednesday after week of no training, bad nutrition and bad sleep.. in sauna like gym. However, wasn't able to do anything afterwards.. tried to do squats, my legs were wasted from the humidity in the gym. Called it a day after three sets of ridiculously light squats that felt like squating a cow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who's going heavy today?
    Currently reading: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Just Finished Reading: City of Thieves by David Benioff

Friend me on Facebook

Give us a shoutout on IG by using #WLForums and we'll follow you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefinator02 View Post
    Whats your squat at now and body weight?

thanks a lot. My BW is 70kg, best squat is 121x2. My plan is put on at least 10kilos in BW or even more until next Summer. I heard some great things about LSUS, so most probably I will do a few cycles to gain strength and then just go on a more SN/CJ/Squat type program, where I can start focusing on the competition lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by TimSquires View Post
    I also recently ran a 12 week cycle of LSUS and logged some highlights here: .......

Thanks for the input as well.

@ForceFedFreak Can you make a thread about the LSUS and move the posts there, so we don't spam here.