Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast

Thread: Technique Critique Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Watch some Chinese, Russians, Japanese, Koreans, Kaz, maybe some Slavics, Poles or Columbians or Iranis. I'd want to say Cubans but I can't recall any off the top of my head or them posting much besides ex Cuban lifters.

Watch all these before you watch some Americans or most. Some aren't too bad, but there are fewer of them that aren't compared to how many are posting.

2. Likes psstein liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    Watch some Chinese, Russians, Japanese, Koreans, Kaz, maybe some Slavics, Poles or Columbians or Iranis. I'd want to say Cubans but I can't recall any off the top of my head or them posting much besides ex Cuban lifters.

Watch all these before you watch some Americans or most. Some aren't too bad, but there are fewer of them that aren't compared to how many are posting.
    I enjoy watching Ilya/Klokov/Polovnikov/Pisarenko/etc. Kakhiashvili is entertaining as well. I wish I knew more about the Germans.

I notice that most foreign lifters try to extend and drop, whereas Americans tend to be a bit slower at transitioning. Also, I've never heard the "jump" cue from any Europeans; they seem to cue "slide" more than "jump."

Post Thanks / Like
    This is about 88% of my snatch pr. Can you please point out some things to work on? I am constantly trying to improve my timing between full extension and pulling under. It's something that I've never been satisfied with. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump. Any thoughts and comments would be really great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie View Post
    Bump. Any thoughts and comments would be really great.
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Personally I am more consistent moving my feet in the snatch. If you have a lot of misses with maximal weight, you might try being more active with your feet.

7. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Erdman View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Personally I am more consistent moving my feet in the snatch. If you have a lot of misses with maximal weight, you might try being more active with your feet.
    Thank you. I will definitely try being more active with my feet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ddd
    Last edited by joel5000; 11-09-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Over the next month I am going to be taking much more singles at higher percentages to just get used to the weights. None of those cleans today were heavy but I need more attempts at them in order to keep everything nice and tidy.

I am hoping to be able to keep the lifts looking the same or better at 10-20 pounds more.

I did some pulls after those cleans with a little bit heavier weight and the pull felt very nice around my knees, those will pay off.
    Last edited by Keefinator02; 11-10-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really impressive, keefinator02

I'm new on the forum, if you can give me some advices please

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnimp76 View Post

I'm new on the forum, if you can give me some advices please
    Looks like it is time to start squatting under the weight. Most people would consider the jump with your feet to be excessive.