Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Technique Critique Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your advice, What kind of drill should i start practicing to correct excessive jump and squatting under ?

I was thinking about drop or dip exercice like this one (but without jump)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnimp76 View Post
    Thank you for your advice, What kind of drill should i start practicing to correct excessive jump and squatting under ?

I was thinking about drop or dip exercice like this one (but without jump)
    That drill could work for the feet. You also need to learn to pull with the arms at the very end of the pull. It is the arms that help you get under the bar quickly. The "muscle snatch" is a great drill. Just be sure not to go too heavy, as this video demonstrates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any thoughts? First time I've ever maxed jerk alone. Best CJ is 131.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdave View Post

Looks pretty good from this angle.

Pretty good number compared to best CJ for first time doing jerk from the racks.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy about those, last one was the only rushed one in my opinion.

Light week coming up then hoping to keep inching the numbers up.

Post Thanks / Like
    For my taste you straighten your knees too much too fast. I like a little more leg action in the pull.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdave View Post

Looks good, solid overhead. I think you had that last one if you would have stepped into it a little more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a clip of me snatching around 83% from the side and then again from the front (sorry for looking at the camera). I have been trying to focus on being more vertical in the extension and using less hip extension. I will post a video of me snatching around 88% below where I was using more hip extension.

More vertical:

More hip extension:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jackie, I see a couple of things that might help.
    1. When you pull off the floor, try to push your knees back a little more. Think about moving pushing with your quads and moving your knees out of the way of the bar . This will help keep the weight closer to your body.
    2. It doesn’t look like your feet move out after the extension. Looks like you just lift your heals and come straight back down. Try moving your feet out as you pull under the bar. This should help with speed pulling under the bar, allow you to squat deeper, and make your bottom position feel more comfortable.

Other than that I’d say it looks pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinZybach View Post
    Hey Jackie, I see a couple of things that might help.
    1. When you pull off the floor, try to push your knees back a little more. Think about moving pushing with your quads and moving your knees out of the way of the bar . This will help keep the weight closer to your body.
    2. It doesn’t look like your feet move out after the extension. Looks like you just lift your heals and come straight back down. Try moving your feet out as you pull under the bar. This should help with speed pulling under the bar, allow you to squat deeper, and make your bottom position feel more comfortable.

Other than that I’d say it looks pretty good.
    Thank you for your comments. I will try to push my knees back more during the first pull. For your second comment, I'm weird and feel more stable with a narrow foot spacing and more confident when I don't slide my feet out to the side. I've tried lifting like that for some time (first year of training), but the very first time that I tried no feet snatches I immediately stopped sliding my feet (I also have a better pull with feet width the same as receiving width for snatch). For the clean I feel better with a more narrow pulling width and wider receiving width, so for cleans I slide my feet.