Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 307078798081 LastLast

Thread: Technique Critique Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots to improve.... But where should I start? I would ideally like to have 1 or 2 cures to start with and work them until they're becoming habit before adding anything else.

For those not familiar, I started a log and wrote on great detail about my quad tear I sustained a year ago. I'm still faced with some mobility issues but I'm at about 95%. If I had to pick, I'd like suggestions on how to improve my set up and when i lock that down I'll ask for more info. thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingernaut25 View Post
    Lots to improve.... But where should I start? I would ideally like to have 1 or 2 cures to start.

For those not familiar, I started a log and wrote on great detail about my quad tear I sustained a year ago. I'm still faced with some mobility issues but I'm at about 95%. If I had to pick, I'd like suggestions on how to improve my set up and when i lock that down I'll ask for more info. thanks in advance!
    -Not sure how deep you can squat, but I like to see the hips a little lower at the start.
    -Also, look straight ahead and put some arch in your back like you want people to see your chest. This will help you keep a tight back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinZybach View Post
    -Not sure how deep you can squat, but I like to see the hips a little lower at the start.
    -Also, look straight ahead and put some arch in your back like you want people to see your chest. This will help you keep a tight back.
    Thanks man! This for now was about as deep as I could get while still applying force unfortunately. Some days are better than others. It also felt like I couldnt get lower and achieve a decent arch without the weight just popping off the floor. Anyone have any thoughts on corrective drills? It felt tight throughout my back, but mostly in the lower portion. I'm thinking more foam rolling in my general warm up, dynamic stretches for my hips and hams. My hamstrings have always been like steel cables which I've never really addressed.

Post Thanks / Like
    From tonight.
    power snatch 5x2
    power clean plus jerk 5x2+2
    overhead squats 3x3

head up cue really helped. As did elevating the bar about 4 inch

overhead squat, sad to say but this is the best these have ever looked for me

Post Thanks / Like
    top set of power clean and jerk, off 3.75" blocks to take some pressure off my crap leg. 75kg. I did 3 singles at this weight, but this one was probably the best... not saying it's good.... but best I had. my focus points were weight spread over big and pinky toes evenly with heels. head up. maintaining back angle.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingernaut25 View Post
    Thanks man! This for now was about as deep as I could get while still applying force unfortunately. Some days are better than others. It also felt like I couldnt get lower and achieve a decent arch without the weight just popping off the floor. Anyone have any thoughts on corrective drills? It felt tight throughout my back, but mostly in the lower portion. I'm thinking more foam rolling in my general warm up, dynamic stretches for my hips and hams. My hamstrings have always been like steel cables which I've never really addressed.

Stand up with the weight in hand, look forward, pick a point on the wall to look at, slowly lower the weight to the floor while always maintaining eyes on that point. Think about keeping a tight back and keeping your eyes on that point on the wall. After you do that a few times, perform the lift(keeping eyes on that point) and see how it feels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinZybach View Post
    Stand up with the weight in hand, look forward, pick a point on the wall to look at, slowly lower the weight to the floor while always maintaining eyes on that point. Think about keeping a tight back and keeping your eyes on that point on the wall. After you do that a few times, perform the lift(keeping eyes on that point) and see how it feels.
    thank you once again! I will give this a go on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot how to clean

I use to be able to Clean 310lbs, now I can barely get 280lbs, no injury, just one day started to forget how to lift, Snatch is fine.

This is an attempt at 285, and for some reason it just does not feel right and I feel like I can't get under the bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zach_mat View Post
    I use to be able to Clean 310lbs, now I can barely get 280lbs, no injury, just one day started to forget how to lift, Snatch is fine.

This is an attempt at 285, and for some reason it just does not feel right and I feel like I can't get under the bar.
    I don’t see a video, but my first thought is have you not been squatting as much, or lost strength?