Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Technique Critique Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kimhwan92 View Post
    Ian Wilson within my back foot persists.

130kg is ~95%

I've tried to reinforce a better footwork with lighter weights and just footwork work without any weight in general, but it just won't go away.

Is there any cue or drill that I could/should use?

And I am very well aware of the front knee

Looks like you're leaving the bar out in front of you through your second pull. Sweep more agressively, be patient, and transition under the bar faster, look where the bar gets to before your torso begins descending.
    Back foot on the jerk is supposed to point forwards/inwards to square your hips. Make sure your hips are square and get in the habit of putting your foot in the right position to do this. At least 10 empty bar reps and 10 <50% reps where you get this perfect every training session.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stretch those hip flexors out if you find your foot turning the wrong way naturally. Obviously with the back foot pointing the right way as well on the stretch.

Post Thanks / Like
    wrong thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog73 View Post
    In the no-hook, no-feet drill, I think using straps defeats the purpose of the drill.
    I wondered about this as I thought the main goal was being fast under the bar. I do all drop sets strapless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimSquires View Post
    I wondered about this as I thought the main goal was being fast under the bar. I do all drop sets strapless.
    It is, but the "no hands" part helps with that goal because you don't have that crutch to help you control the weight if you haven't gotten under fast enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess I'll try this place out...

C&J at body weight, what's it looking like? Ive got a side view as well of the same weight if that's better, but I don't stick the jerk as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageGuy View Post
    Guess I'll try this place out...

C&J at body weight, what's it looking like? Ive got a side view as well of the same weight if that's better, but I don't stick the jerk as well.

Looking much better than before. You still rock too far back on your heels in the pull though. Keep your big toe down and push through the front of the heel (where the tendon on the front of your shin joins at the foot).

For the jerk I think you cut your drive short to try and get under it. Drive longer and you will have more time to get under.

Did you make those blocks yourself? What are the specs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Struan Potter View Post
    Looking much better than before. You still rock too far back on your heels in the pull though. Keep your big toe down and push through the front of the heel (where the tendon on the front of your shin joins at the foot).

For the jerk I think you cut your drive short to try and get under it. Drive longer and you will have more time to get under.

Did you make those blocks yourself? What are the specs?
    Yeah, they are 24x18 with a 9" block, and two 6" blocks per side. They were probably the easiest things ever to construct, and materials were about $100. Ill see if I cant track down the video on how to make them. You literally just stack 2x4's.

EDIT: Here it is... http://vimeo.com/45462756
    Last edited by GarageGuy; 07-31-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I need a lot of work on my C&J but I think I am starting to get it. This is a video from a workout earlier in the week. Ill add a video from my workout yesterday its (2+2) just a little heavier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefinator02 View Post

I know I need a lot of work on my C&J but I think I am starting to get it. This is a video from a workout earlier in the week. Ill add a video from my workout yesterday its (2+2) just a little heavier.
    Personally, I think you jump back too far, but to each their own. You can tell right away that you're pulling back more than I would recommend. Focus on pulling more UP instead of back. Also, you're jerk is somewhat on your toes as you transition from dip to drive.