Likes Likes:  60
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Jon North thread

Post Thanks / Like
    He just posted on his Twitter that he was training with Ian Wilson today. Wilson hit 157/190 and North hit 155/183.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
    He just posted on his Twitter that he was training with Ian Wilson today. Wilson hit 157/190 and North hit 155/183.
    He better step his game up if he is going to hit that 170/200 he has been blabbering about...

Post Thanks / Like
    A few of the more memorable lines from his latest blog:

...Dimas on a unicorn jumping over caffeinated waterfalls...
    ...a ocean made up of sugar and yellow birds...
    ...Fish that spoke English sang songs from the 90's...
    ...the owl of silence made its way to the front of the boat...

Post Thanks / Like
    After seeing his latest training videos, I don't think 170 is out of the question (with straps). 200 on the other hand. That jerk...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
    After seeing his latest training videos, I don't think 170 is out of the question (with straps). 200 on the other hand. That jerk...
    In the one video I saw him doing pause jerks. I think those may be one of the best things for his jerk. He's someone that's always relied on so much bar oscillation that taking away the oscillation may help him a lot in my opinion. Time will tell. Still will have to strengthen his lockout though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
    i am a fan of him, but really doubt that 170. Low 160/high180 for a 350ish total is the most he can get at the moment IMO. He hasn't PR'ed his snatch for the last 3 years. He had some close attempts at 166/167 since 2011, but I think snatching above that will also be a big psychological test for him. But that is just me rambling on. He could pull a 170 snatch out after all. Just not something i would bet money on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterFerrari View Post
    In the one video I saw him doing pause jerks. I think those may be one of the best things for his jerk. He's someone that's always relied on so much bar oscillation that taking away the oscillation may help him a lot in my opinion. Time will tell. Still will have to strengthen his lockout though.
    Yea that lockout looks to be a big problem. He seems to have the same problem my 75kg lifter has, in which she's missing some rotation from her shoulders that doesn't allow her elbows to fully extend with ease.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog73 View Post
    Honestly, I don't really follow him. I don't really follow any lifters per se. I happen to see some lifting when people post their video's. Milko doesn't seem to go bat-crap crazy after hitting a training lift though. From what I've seen, he might give a shout, but that's about it. Even I've been known to do that on rare occasions, but it's just a quick yell/shout and then ready for more work. Big difference to Jon, IMHO.
    Milko's squat video on youtube is the goat squat video... intensity and screaming is through the roof. I wish I had half of that intensity ever but would feel like a tool

Post Thanks / Like
    He's got Ian Wilson on the podcast today. Pretty interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunboomboom View Post
    He's got Ian Wilson on the podcast today. Pretty interesting.
    it was very nice