Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The LSUS Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I never did the snatch from the hip as directly from the hip (like Faris on the vid). This destroys the technique, real snatch is nothing like it, at least for me.
    I deadlift the weight to the hip and make the hang snatches with lowering them couple of cm and start from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am on this program for almost a year now.. made good progress but sometimes i am thinking like i am doing too much for too little.
    Also i am not able to be on full throttle all the time, it's like 3-4 weeks out of 12 are ok, all the rest is like paddling through mud.
    There's certain synch needed between training, food, sleep, recovery work.
    If i am out of the synch with just one thing it all goes to hell and falls down like house of cards.

I took this program because:
    -it falls into my schedule and access to equipment for the training required
    -i need to gain weight
    -i need to gain strength overall

Pros of this program:
    -will make you stronger
    -you will most probably gain weight
    -wont encounter issues (or not that frequently) like with high intensity/daily max/bulgarianish programs - tendonitis, knee issues, joint issues
    -is great for recovery from small injuries and strains in the first phase

Cons of this program:
    -technique will not improve by following this program strictly
    -ratio between strength and lifts will increase
    -requires lot of food and recovery
    -you will most probably gain weight
    -you want to cry a lot during some phases

Post Thanks / Like
    First time on the LSUS program, I'm starting the 3rd week today. For the first week...I seriously considered murdering my coach. My muscles have calmed down a bit now and my body doesn't completely hate me. I'm excited to see the pay off at the end of the program!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always wanted to try this program and plan to soon as soon as work calms down and I can consistently make 5 days a week. I feel like it'd be really good to do this for a while to gain strength and bulk up and then have an extended bulgarianesque 'peaking' phase for a month or so to realize all those gains into the lifts. Just a thought though.

Curious for those running this program, I recall Sean H saying that you didn't have to do all the phases concurrently. That you could run the program as written and then after peaking you could go back to 5's and 3's instead of back to 10's. That way you only run the 10's every few cycles so that you can spend a lot more time in the strength building phases. Anyone do this?

Also when it says 3-5 sets on the not RM day what do you guys do? I was thinking with overall volume it's smart to start with 3 sets only and maybe up them later as you get used to it.
    Last edited by Jordan Derksen; 08-04-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doing something similar.

Finished 10s on 150x10.

2nd week of 5s, 160x5, actually pretty hard.

Press is on 70x5 which is good for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Derksen View Post
    I've always wanted to try this program and plan to soon as soon as work calms down and I can consistently make 5 days a week. I feel like it'd be really good to do this for a while to gain strength and bulk up and then have an extended bulgarianesque 'peaking' phase for a month or so to realize all those gains into the lifts. Just a thought though.

Curious for those running this program, I recall Sean H saying that you didn't have to do all the phases concurrently. That you could run the program as written and then after peaking you could go back to 5's and 3's instead of back to 10's. That way you only run the 10's every few cycles so that you can spend a lot more time in the strength building phases. Anyone do this?

Also when it says 3-5 sets on the not RM day what do you guys do? I was thinking with overall volume it's smart to start with 3 sets only and maybe up them later as you get used to it.
    Doing tens for what amounts to 3 months of the year does not seem excessive. I do 3 sets with a weight I set at the start of the month. I also do this weight after the top set on the first day. Bar speed and quality are more important than weight, and I get the "rep max" effort out of the way first thing in the week, then get the actual work in.

So I do 5 sets with the working weight and 1 set of the maximal effort with that rep range, over a week. Plenty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Charis makes sense.

One other question, if you have a week where you have to miss a workout or possibly even two due to work or any other circumstances how would that affect the overall program? It wouldn't be often but once in a while I may have to miss a day, just wondering which day would be best to skip or if there's a way to 'make it up' by putting two days together. Considering starting this today.

Post Thanks / Like
    According to Medvedev about 40% of your program should be GPP until you're a candidate for master of sport.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never skipped the 10s. Its very important phase for your recovery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    According to Medvedev about 40% of your program should be GPP until you're a candidate for master of sport.
    What was his definition of GPP?