Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The LSUS Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CharisLouca View Post
    What was his definition of GPP?

Not entirely sure. I'm not completely done reading all his material. He does say that the number of exercises for the lower class athletes is huge though.

Post Thanks / Like
    The more you learn...

I'm inclined to agree mates. I've started to develop aches and pains in my knees and wrists. I've been pushing 5's and lower for a long time. I'm thinking the 10's are going to be very good for me.

Just started today. I'm using Back squat, Push press, Ring Dips (trying hard to keep turned out), BTNSnG Press, and pushups for my pressing day. I don't have a bench press in my garage setup so that's the reason I tossed that one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    is there a way to distill the advantages and train of thought behind the LSUS program?

edit: I suppose: when you're doing sets of shrugs or bb rows, and you haven't done any real snatch or cj work in days or weeks.. how do you rationalize it? One can do high rep squats or tons of accessories or periodize and still practice the o-lifts.. what the thought behind leaving the o-lifts out (for all intents and purposes).. and what are you getting in return?
    Last edited by bigburt; 08-04-2014 at 11:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    New PR tonight on week 3 day 1 of LSUS hell -

213 x 10 - turns out I have a hard time counting to 10 as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Pierce had a paper of it floating around the web somewhere.

Basically, it's a peaking program for intermediate/advanced lifters who don't need to sort out their technique and work on their strength. Also doesn't require multiple sessions per day. Just 2-3 hours.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    Pierce had a paper of it floating around the web somewhere.

Basically, it's a peaking program for intermediate/advanced lifters who don't need to sort out their technique and work on their strength. Also doesn't require multiple sessions per day. Just 2-3 hours.
    i've always interpreted it more in the vain of a generalized GPP program, as FFF alluded to. If you're peaking for a meet, and you're doing rows and bench press instead of the o-lifts, that just sounds like a strange plan. Like I said, I can understand doing accessory lifts and the o-lifts, i just can't understand excluding the o-lifts in favor of accessory lifts.

Post Thanks / Like
    For RDLs and shrugs, do you alternate between snatch and clean grip or use the same grip for both pull days?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigburt View Post
    i've always interpreted it more in the vain of a generalized GPP program, as FFF alluded to. If you're peaking for a meet, and you're doing rows and bench press instead of the o-lifts, that just sounds like a strange plan. Like I said, I can understand doing accessory lifts and the o-lifts, i just can't understand excluding the o-lifts in favor of accessory lifts.
    What are you talking about?
    Nobody is excluding the lifts on LSUS. Its just breaking them a bit and working toward competition.
    Monday, wednesday is related to jerk, overhead stability and leg strength.
    Tuesday is snatch, deads and back accessory. Thursday is clean, deads and back accessory. Saturday is classic max out or %singles with front squat test of various RM.
    If you break it up you have more focus on the particular lift/variation where you can do lot of work in one session.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
    For RDLs and shrugs, do you alternate between snatch and clean grip or use the same grip for both pull days?
    For shrugs i alternate. For RDL i dont. The snatch deads tend to irritate my lower back enough so i dont include RDL work in those positions.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea i suppose you're right. Whenever i think of LSUS i think of the first phase, where you do 6-8 exercises and only one of them is an o-lift variant (such as a push press or snatch from hip), but i see that as you go along the program gets more focused.