Likes Likes:  497
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 321 of 323 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 3228

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, preparing for the Olympics after a 5 year quad and having had to deal with injuries, it's understandable that the guy is stressed and just wants to have a joint.

I don't agree with the phrasing that "it shouldn't be wrong, but it's on him". I prefer "it's on him by the letter of the law, but it shouldn't be wrong". Put the emphasis where it matters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by strapping View Post
    I don't agree with the phrasing that "it shouldn't be wrong, but it's on him". I prefer "it's on him by the letter of the law, but it shouldn't be wrong". Put the emphasis where it matters.
    I have a similar opinion.

As an aside, I've been following the coverage of the US sprinter Sha’Carri Richardson who has had similar problems. I thought the USATF released a very well written statement which explains the necessity for the rules to be affirmed while acknowledging that the rules can be improved.

"First and foremost, we are incredibly sympathetic toward Sha'Carri Richardson's extenuating circumstances and strongly applaud her accountability - and will offer her our continued support both on and off the track.

While USATF fully agrees that the merit of the World Anti-Doping Agency rules related to THC should be reevaluated, it would be detrimental to the integrity of the U.S. Olympic Team Trials for Track & Field if USATF amended its policies following competition, only weeks before the Olympic Games.

All USATF athletes are equally aware of and must adhere to the current anti-doping code, and our credibility as the National Governing Body would be lost if rules were only enforced under certain circumstances.

So while our heartfelt understanding lies with Sha’Carri, we must also maintain fairness for all of the athletes who attempted to realize their dreams by securing a place on the U.S. Olympic Track & Field Team."
    https://www.usatf.org/news/2021/%EF%...x100-meter-rel

Post Thanks / Like
    I think USATF remembers that they allowed Carl Lewis to slip through to compete in Seoul after failing his drug tests.

4. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Updates for Mendez CHI and Figueiredo BRA:

https://ita.sport/news/the-ita-provi...or-tokyo-2020/

Post Thanks / Like
    Tainted supps strikes again.

Post Thanks / Like
    “Brazilian weightlifter Fernando Reis, who would have been a medal contender in the men’s 109 kilograms super-heavyweight category, is out of the Olympic Games in Tokyo after testing positive for human growth hormone.”

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...yo-2020-doping

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Ridiculous from the IOC to ban him, but they only care about appearances not doping so it's unsurprising.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't Mendez banned just for a month, so he should be able to participate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matej.polak View Post
    Wasn't Mendez banned just for a month, so he should be able to participate.
    Think the poster is referring to Agapitov rather than Mendez.