Likes Likes:  450
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 313 of 315 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 3145

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah those numbers being so absurdly high makes me more suspicious tbh

Post Thanks / Like
    There were come interesting hints about the contents of the second McLaren Report in this ITG article:

A second part of the McLaren Report remains unpublished, as its findings were deemed not sufficiently robust to withstand legal challenges, as there had not been enough time to investigate more thoroughly.

"You have read only the public report and not the private one," [the outgoing EWF President Antonio] Urso told delegates in Moscow, where the European Championships are being staged from this weekend - the first ‘live’ Olympic qualifying competition for more than a year.

"I was lucky, or maybe not, to read the private report and I assure you that it is devastating for the wealth of details on a system in which doping was only part of a devastating organisation in every aspect.

"It’s amazing - we are talking about a criminal society.

"I think in the end it was good not to have published it, at least for public opinion."

Post Thanks / Like
    Clarence Kennedy has released a video in which he argues that efforts to combat sports doping are have produced outcomes that are more problematic than the problems they are purporting to resolve. Here is the video:

The main arguments presented in the video can be summarised as:

1. The system is profoundly uneven and inconsistent in its implementation and therefore creates an uneven playing field

2. The anti-doping system facilitates corruption by providing officials and nations with powerful reasons to engage in corrupt dealing

3. Strict legal restrictions on PEDs and related compounds have prevented legitimate clinical research

4. The restrictions placed on known PEDs force athletes to risk their health by using novel and potentially more dangerous PEDs

5. The anti-doping system makes children (and adults) believe in the lie that elite sport is drug free

Post Thanks / Like
    have prevented legitimate clinical research
    they have been researching this stuff for half a century. They just haven't done anything past like 600mg/week of Test, super high dosages or stacks of Androgens like that supposed 2005 Soviet cycle that has been floating around of 1-2grams/week of substances.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    they have been researching this stuff for half a century. They just haven't done anything past like 600mg/week of Test, super high dosages or stacks of Androgens like that supposed 2005 Soviet cycle that has been floating around of 1-2grams/week of substances.
    I don’t want to pick up the cudgels because it’s not my argument, but the thrust of what he seemed to be saying was that western governments are now reluctant to conduct research into anything that involves compounds that are generally recognised as PEDs. In other words there has been a chilling effect similar to what happened when psychedelics were made illegal in the US.

Is this true? I really don’t know. It’s not my field. I just thought it was an interesting video that was relevant to this discussion because of his profile and global media reach.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post
    Clarence Kennedy has released a video in which he argues that efforts to combat sports doping are have produced outcomes that are more problematic than the problems they are purporting to resolve. Here is the video:

The main arguments presented in the video can be summarised as:

1. The system is profoundly uneven and inconsistent in its implementation and therefore creates an uneven playing field

2. The anti-doping system facilitates corruption by providing officials and nations with powerful reasons to engage in corrupt dealing

3. Strict legal restrictions on PEDs and related compounds have prevented legitimate clinical research

4. The restrictions placed on known PEDs force athletes to risk their health by using novel and potentially more dangerous PEDs

5. The anti-doping system makes children (and adults) believe in the lie that elite sport is drug free
    The info regards the difficultly with catching those using testosterone explains a lot. Are they really only using the carbon isotope test on those failing the T:E ratio test?

Post Thanks / Like
    Curious case of Nurcan Taylan TUR, she now has ALL results after her 2008 re-test vacated. Technically this also includes a WR from 2010 which the IWF still lists.

https://www.iwf.net/results/athletes...83-10-29&id=91

edit: her bans range from 2011-2013 and 2016-2024, still 2010 deleted too
    Last edited by erpel; 04-07-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Apologies - posted in error and cannot delete
    Last edited by Cleddau; 04-11-2021 at 04:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Logged in just to see replies to the Clarence video.. bit disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matej.polak View Post
    Logged in just to see replies to the Clarence video.. bit disappointed.
    What is there to say? It's just a video.