Likes Likes:  475
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 314 of 319 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3184

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    The CAS has upheld the ban on Thailand.

It's worth reading the CAS report if you're interested in doing a deeper dive into the matter. The CAS affirms that Coach Liu Ning was the source of the ADRVs due to a testosterone containing gel he was administering to the Thai athletes.

To give an idea of how many athletes were affected by the use of the gel:

B. The AAFs of Thai Athletes in October-November 2018

7. In October 2018, during the Youth Olympic Games in Argentina, one Thai athlete tested positive for exogenous testosterone. A few weeks later, during the IWF World Championships held between 1-10 November 2018 in Turkmenistan, nine Thai athletes tested positive for exogenous testosterone, that is, half of the Thai delegation. Prior to these in-competition controls, on 11 October 2018, twenty Thai athletes had been targeted for an out-of-competition in their training camp in Chiang Mai, and fifteen of them returned AAFs for the same substance, exogenous testosterone

Post Thanks / Like
    They took injections and orals too. The harsh bodily changes of these girls don't come from a gel.
    Yes I know, they can only prosecute what they can prove. It's just the defending site is still peddling dishonesty.

---
    In other news, with Katina W75 and Kireev M94 two more "old" Russians were suspended in the last week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    They took injections and orals too. The harsh bodily changes of these girls don't come from a gel.
    Yes I know, they can only prosecute what they can prove. It's just the defending site is still peddling dishonesty.

---
    In other news, with Katina W75 and Kireev M94 two more "old" Russians were suspended in the last week.
    Testosterone can be applied topically in the form of a gel. Testosterone is testosterone whether it is injected or applied transdermally. The form used in gels is the esterless base hormone so it has a very short half life and thus a short detection time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well yes, if we're talking about intended, i.e. therapeutic usage. Dosage is dosage sure.

I still doubt these lifters were just slathered in gel all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    Well yes, if we're talking about intended, i.e. therapeutic usage. Dosage is dosage sure.

I still doubt these lifters were just slathered in gel all day.
    Well it all depends on the concentration of the gel they are using and how much is being applied. Women don't require massive doses of testosterone to receive the performance enhancing benefit. An average trt dose for a man is 100-150mg so that gives an idea how little a female would require. 15-20mg a week for female would likely see a big performance benefit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Latest Tokyo ADRV list was recently updated for those keeping score:

https://www.iwf.net/wp-content/uploa...V_12042021.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    they have been researching this stuff for half a century. They just haven't done anything past like 600mg/week of Test, super high dosages or stacks of Androgens like that supposed 2005 Soviet cycle that has been floating around of 1-2grams/week of substances.
    Yeah, the comment about "no research" is really not supported by any evidence. Most of the E. European countries had some experimental frameworks. I recall a Soviet text reporting a study about drug use and results. Plus there's the whole history of the synthesis of turinabol.

Finding this article about how the body metabolizes turinabol took all of two seconds: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26658226/

Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone link me the ITA testing statistics quoted in the earlier ItG article which supposedly show one Chinese lifter being tested 41x times?
    I can't find stuff on their fancy website.

And no, I don't mean the documents hosted by the IWF, the quarterly reports for 2020 only count international tests and these don't add up to anything even close to 41.
    Last edited by erpel; 04-30-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I went through the 2020 quarterly testing statistics of the ITA/IWF and added the individual numbers up per nation.

I only looked at the main countries, medal contenders and so forth and not every single lifter/country. I left out NOCs not attending Tokyo in any case: Egypt, Thailand and North Korea.

###

###

That's still quite a lot of tests despite the pandemic.

Post Thanks / Like
    You gotta wonder how Lasha and Toma can still significantly outlift the numbers they did when they were popped despite being subjected too these OOC tests. Like it doesn't add up. The Russian results dropped across the board but for other countries there was little to no change (some even increasing) in results. There's still shady things going on.