Likes Likes:  485
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 317 of 322 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3217

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Meanwhile in Samoa:

https://www.samoaobserver.ws/category/sport/84631

”[National Team Coach] Tuaopepe also confirmed with Samoa Observer that his athletes have been drug tested three times in ten days, which was a new experience for them however he says that it is in their best interest as well as they are all clean.”

"It is very unusual before we get tested once a month or twice a month but now our team has had their drug tests but all came out negative. I am actually happy about these drug tests because none of these tests has come out positive.”

2. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That article has some weird statements TBH. Tested 3x by the ITA?

a) "Nevo Ioane setting a new Oceania and Commonwealth record" - do they mean a training lift or in what competition?

b) "Currently Don [Opeloge] is in the top 3 for the world record, but if he lifts well tonight and this week then there is a chance of him being ranked first in the World" - there's a 0% chance Opeloge will be ranked 1st at 89 or 96 and I don't grasp 'top 3 for WR' either, what does that mean?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    Vlad Nicu
    Perhaps he stalled the bans themselves but he's not part of the ITA or IMFSP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    Kuo is only 7yrs older than Koha and given the lifestyle and injuries, what's to say she ever would have a chance at a Gold at Worlds or the Olympics besides PRK or China placing silver and bronze.
    Seven years equals two Olympic cycles and is basically one WL generation. Look at how many people from London 2012 are still active, 10%?

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at how many people from London 2012 are still active, 10%?
    that sounds like something interesting to take a look into. My guess is women last longer than men as that is the common trend in T&F I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    That article has some weird statements TBH. Tested 3x by the ITA?

a) "Nevo Ioane setting a new Oceania and Commonwealth record" - do they mean a training lift or in what competition?

b) "Currently Don [Opeloge] is in the top 3 for the world record, but if he lifts well tonight and this week then there is a chance of him being ranked first in the World" - there's a 0% chance Opeloge will be ranked 1st at 89 or 96 and I don't grasp 'top 3 for WR' either, what does that mean?
    I think you have to read it through the lens of "national coach in small country exaggerates wildly to impress local media and sponsors".

Nobody in Samoa has actually been setting records. I've seen the lifts on the SWF facebook pages (Don Opeloge snatched 176 @ 96). The lifts are done in a 'domestic competition' setting but the lifters are wearing straps and the events aren't sanctioned by anybody outside Samoa.

I linked the article because the drug testing stuff is interesting if it is being reported accurately. The three Samoan athletes who will be invited to Tokyo based on their continental and top eight rankings are:

W87+: Feagaiga Stowers
    M67: Nevo Ioane
    M96: Don Opeloge
    Last edited by Cleddau; 05-30-2021 at 06:46 AM.

8. Likes Blairbob, strapping liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The International Testing Agency (ITA), leading an independent anti-doping program for the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF), asserts anti-doping rule violations against Ukrainian weightlifter Dmytro Chumak and his coach Matsokha Mykhailo.

The ITA reports that based on an incident that occurred during an Out-Of-Competition testing mission conducted by the ITA on 6 May 2021, the ITA has charged Mr. Chumak and Mr. Mykhailo with committing Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs).

The ITA alleges that, during the abovementioned doping control, Mr. Chumak refused to provide a sample, attempted to evade and bribe the Doping Control Officers that were conducting the testing mission. The ITA also alleges that Mr. Mykhailo assisted the athlete in the wrongdoings.
    https://www.iwf.net/2021/06/05/public-disclosure-191/

Good.
    It likely happens plenty.
    Last edited by erpel; 06-05-2021 at 04:14 AM.

10. Likes strapping, Cleddau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    One Venezuelan doping case from February 2021 has been finalized, the country is thus now at 10 sanctions since 2008 and limited to 2+2 as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

14. Likes Cleddau liked this post