Likes Likes:  467
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 315 of 318 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 3174

Thread: The Sanctions Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    The McLaren inquiry exonerated HUNADO which to me was confounding. In my opinion the actual sample collection is still the weak link.

We had a national official on video exlaining the process AND we now have multiple cases of people getting banned for sample manipulation/substitution (and Rahimov's case still open).

I'd wager a meaningful number of OOC tests are fake in the sense that samples are either a) provided by someone else or preferably b) a stored/frozen clean variant to match the established biological passport.

All the stuff after the sample collection is way harder/more expensive to corrupt.

2. Likes psstein liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wrong thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    According to the revised Qualification system and Anti Doping rules and regulations"..Should three (3) or more Anti-Doping Rule Violations sanctioned by IWF or Anti-Doping Organisations
    other than a Member Federation or its National Anti-Doping Organisation be committed by Athletes or other
    Persons affiliated to such Member Federation (MF)/NOC during the qualification period of the Olympic
    Games Tokyo 2020, the Independent Member Federations Sanctioning Panel appointed by IWF as per
    the IWF ADR (the Independent Panel) may…"

Shouldn't this be applicable to Vietnam and Venezuela?? The athletes of both countries are still on the ranking list.
    Last edited by Helder; 05-11-2021 at 07:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two of the positives for Venezuela are for the same lifter in short succession, I'd wager they get treated as one. So I think they're at two in total.

For Vietnam, yes. But because they haven't been suspended yet by the Independent Member Federations Sanctions Panel™ they're still listed. It's not transparent why it takes so long so only time will tell if they get removed before the quota places are allocated. Same with Romania for that matter.

Post Thanks / Like
    >It's not transparent why it takes so long

My understanding is that all of the athlete appeal processes need to be concluded before they can be passed to the IMFSP for consideration.

I have no particular insight or knowledge as to whether federations are cynically issuing strategic appeals on behalf of their athletes to prolong the process so that it concludes after the Olympics. But it wouldn't surprise me if they are. Athletes facing sanctions have nothing to lose from participating in prolonged appeals since any applicable sanctions are backdated to the time of the ADRV.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, for Romania the cases have been closed for months. The ITA referred to the IMFSP on February 23rd, which was over two and a half months ago. How can deadlines and deliberations possibly take this long?

https://ita.sport/news/ita-refers-ro...pendent-panel/

9. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to point out that 3 Thai lifters are entered for Junior worlds. Born in 2002.

I'd also like to point out that 2 of the 10 Thai lifters banned in 2018 were not only Junior, but also Youth lifters. Born in 2001.

Great idea to allow an early return for Thailand!
    Last edited by erpel; 05-13-2021 at 09:50 AM.

11. Likes celicaxx, Hawkpeter, Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can deadlines and deliberations possibly take this long?
    Vlad Nicu

Post Thanks / Like
    Something else I noticed: we speak of the potential suspension of Vietnam too, on forums like these. And in articles on ItG for that matter.

Why? Well, they have 4 (1 unlisted) finalized sanctions in the 18 month qualification period and we read the Tokyo rules.

Why do I mention this? If you only looked for information on the pages of the ITA or IWF you'd have no idea this is even a topic. Search for the country name on ita.sport or iwf.net - you'll find either nothing or only old results concerning past competitions.

No announcement or acknowledgment. This subject simply doesn't exist publicly.

14. Likes Blairbob liked this post