Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Weightlifting: Norbert Schemansky by Richard Bak

Post Thanks / Like
    From Rick:

I have the word files for Mr. Weightlifting and was able to pull them up on my computer. I'm going to merge all of the individual chapter files into one, then do a little clean-up. I'll also include the appendices, sidebars, etc.---pretty much everything everything except the photos. Those were all the publisher's.

Mr. Weightlifting, like several of my earlier books, is long out of print and will never be reprinted, so I don't mind sharing the file. If somebody wants to print it out or just read it online, I'm cool with that. Good to keep Norb's name circulating. And it's easier and cheaper than xeroxing the actual pages.

I'll get the files to you sometime this weekend, which is my down time. It's not a big deal to put it together. It's a farewell, of sorts, to Norb, and to the book we did together. He was a grumpy-ass Polack---a lot of it for show---but we got along great. Conversely, he never trusted Del Reddy---and neither did I---and it turned out both of us were right. I made sure I got all of my money; Norb wasn't that lucky. Then again, being short-changed was the story of Norb's life.

I'll keep you guys posted when I know more.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow that's awesome. so generous of him to share the files with you (us). when you get them from him make sure he knows how much we appreciate it!

good job FFF

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    From Rick:

I have the word files for Mr. Weightlifting and was able to pull them up on my computer. I'm going to merge all of the individual chapter files into one, then do a little clean-up. I'll also include the appendices, sidebars, etc.---pretty much everything everything except the photos. Those were all the publisher's.

Mr. Weightlifting, like several of my earlier books, is long out of print and will never be reprinted, so I don't mind sharing the file. If somebody wants to print it out or just read it online, I'm cool with that. Good to keep Norb's name circulating. And it's easier and cheaper than xeroxing the actual pages.

I'll get the files to you sometime this weekend, which is my down time. It's not a big deal to put it together. It's a farewell, of sorts, to Norb, and to the book we did together. He was a grumpy-ass Polack---a lot of it for show---but we got along great. Conversely, he never trusted Del Reddy---and neither did I---and it turned out both of us were right. I made sure I got all of my money; Norb wasn't that lucky. Then again, being short-changed was the story of Norb's life.

I'll keep you guys posted when I know more.

FFF,

just want to say thanks for the write-up on this book... added it to my amazon list for the future.

Also I am exceedingly glad you reached out to get in touch and (hopefully) get your hands on the full text. I think a lot of us here would be thrilled to read this if it's possible.

I also want to point out what I've been saying for a long time - you'll be truly surprised at what simply asking a question and starting a dialogue can get you for a result with anything you do in life. This guy sees your interest in the sport and he is more than willing to help spread the word of Norb's story.

thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Valego View Post
    wow that's awesome. so generous of him to share the files with you (us). when you get them from him make sure he knows how much we appreciate it!

good job FFF
    Thanks man! I've had quite the interesting correspondence with Rick, and he's a cool guy. Definitely turned me on to reading some more of his work as well. Also, I've been trying to dedicate a little more time to the forums lately.

Quote Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
    FFF,

just want to say thanks for the write-up on this book... added it to my amazon list for the future.

Also I am exceedingly glad you reached out to get in touch and (hopefully) get your hands on the full text. I think a lot of us here would be thrilled to read this if it's possible.

I also want to point out what I've been saying for a long time - you'll be truly surprised at what simply asking a question and starting a dialogue can get you for a result with anything you do in life. This guy sees your interest in the sport and he is more than willing to help spread the word of Norb's story.

thanks again

I agree totally. I actually just read a book called "Rejection Proof" which is all about simply asking for things. I never have had a hard time with this, but the book was really insightful anyway. It's about a guy who tries to get "rejected" for 100 days, by asking people for things that most would assume would get an automatic "no." He asks for all kinds of random stuff like asking to play soccer in a random person's back yard, to asking random companies for a 1 day job. Nothing related to Weightlifting, but a good, easy read nonetheless.

With that said, I have a couple of other projects i'm working on to bring some "long lost" works back into circulation. Can't talk too much about them yet, but if things fall into place, it's going to be really exciting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: Rick sent me the word doc and I converted it to a PDF for download in the members only forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: Rick sent me the word doc and I converted it to a PDF for download in the members only forum.
    I didn't know there was a members only forum. Have I not been posting often enough (2 posts in 3 years, very much a lurker!) to get access?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmawson View Post
    I didn't know there was a members only forum. Have I not been posting often enough (2 posts in 3 years, very much a lurker!) to get access?
    We haven't really used it for much. I'm assuming you can see it now?

Post Thanks / Like
    We haven't really used it for much. I'm assuming you can see it now?
    I can't see it. I would assume it would be in the Weightlifting Texts section, no?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    I can't see it. I would assume it would be in the Weightlifting Texts section, no?
    No, it's in the Members Only section under the main forum page.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog73 View Post
    No, it's in the Members Only section under the main forum page.
    Got it! Thanks Bulldog73 and THANK YOU FFF!