Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LSUS 10-5-3 Program by Dr Kyle Pierce

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have it some where. I'll look.

Post Thanks / Like
    The link I used to have is dead. Sorry brah.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the newb questions but here goes:
    1) When you have lifters work up to a 10rm how does that look? Do they do sets of 10 until they fail or do you have them warm up on singles and basically guess at what they think they will hit? For instance would they do a set of 10 at 200- then a set of 10 at 210- then at 220 - then at 230, or would they warm up right to 230 and go for 10?

2) Do they build to a new 10, 5 or 3 rep max each monday or do they go up by the prescribed percentage each week?

3) Question on the spreadsheet - Is there a box somewhere for your 1rms on everything? Or do you just fill in the rep max columns? I think i'm getting confused by the % of your 1RM column and whether that is telling you what to lift or predicting a 1rm.

Thanks for doing this

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a separate tab at the bottom labeled "Maxes" that's where you put in your current 1RMs. I have everything set to 100 as a default just to make it a little easier to see how the spreadsheet functions. Typically I start people with 65-75% of their 1RM (depending on the exercise) for their first week of 10s. From there we look for 3% increases week to week, with potentially going for a really aggressive PR on the last week of the cycle. Currently the spreadsheet is set up for 3% increases within each phase, and a standard 5kg increase when the reps change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Cesar; 09-27-2014 at 12:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I based the spreadsheet I made for the lsus program on that document, but I think yours is better and also prettier

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Cesar!
    ~Surgite atque resurgite dum agni leones fient~

Post Thanks / Like
    So I'm looking at the spreadsheet and I noticed that the calculation for the clean deadlifts are off. They're being calculated as 90% of the snatch deadlift during the first pull day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
    So I'm looking at the spreadsheet and I noticed that the calculation for the clean deadlifts are off. They're being calculated as 90% of the snatch deadlift during the first pull day.
    That was intentional. IMO there is too much heavy deadlifting in this program, so that's a way to limit it.