Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: European Championship Entry list - Provisonal list

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    yep. i figure bwl runs on a pretty tight budget pre covid so that totally makes sense. zoe outtotals her by 15 on each lift. i was wondering who was in their 55 class but there is some really short gal i came across the other day. Fraer?
    Fraer Morrow, she's a good lifter and has plenty of potential, she's quite active on Instagram

2. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoyable comp so far. Well organized.

Biggest blunder was the Russian coach wasting Olga Tyo's first attempt and likely costing her gold. Dumb!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    Karlos Nasar BUL 81 has apparently done around 165/205 in training. But born in 2004?
    He just did 162/206.

Post Thanks / Like
    And he already has the body of a 25 year old bodybuilder. I have my doubts as to whether he has been independently tested before today.

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be a waste of time to say, "Bulgaria can you please cool it." They would probably point to Lasha and say something to the effect of, 'if they can do it, why aren't we allowed to?' and the cycle continues.

7. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Their results (collectively) since about 2017 are pretty in line with the increased testing pressure and I can't remember a name or number that raised eyebrows until now.
    Even here at the EWC they won the most so far, but with nothing outrageous, these lifts could arguably also be done by a British/French/German lifter. 3kg more, 2kg less etc.

But then they pull this boy off - what's even the point? Does anyone down there think he will have a career lasting consecutive years?
    Even if not clean, why not let him progress in a more reasonable way and lift these numbers at 20 instead of 16.

9. Likes Hawkpeter, Blairbob, Cleddau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously looks as if Bulgaria put all of their drugs into this kid's results versus any of their other lifters in the 61/67. Anyone notice that Angel Genchev's son is lifting in his old category?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why Romanova never fills out as 76 (72.06 today) even though she aims for the title when she lifts there.

If Russia is allowed in Tokyo, according to RIA Novosti there are only 4 people in contention, 3 women and one man: Naniev M109, Sobol W49, Ershova W55 and Novitskaya W55.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what happened to Robion Bochkov? He isn't on the start list but he had an even better ROBI score than Naniev coming in to this competition.

13. Likes erpel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by b_degennaro View Post
    Seriously looks as if Bulgaria put all of their drugs into this kid's results versus any of their other lifters in the 61/67. Anyone notice that Angel Genchev's son is lifting in his old category?
    Last year their junior Yordanov was banned for exogenous test, however he lifts for a German club so it's possible the sample was taken there.

As for the young Genchev, do you know if he's the son? It's a common Bulgarian surname I think.