Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 88

Thread: 2021 Asian/PanAm/Chinese Championships

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    Refs in M67A are jokers... they called good lift on Ergashev 1st snatch attempt (2 whites).

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    I mainly made that remark because Kuo is lifting more than ever, and she's mildly virilized already. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't make it to Tokyo.
    Kuo was much more virilized back in 2012 than she is today. Her voice is more feminine now than back then too.

  3. #13
    Member Blairbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mainly made that remark because Kuo is lifting more than ever, and she's mildly virilized already. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't make it to Tokyo.
    ehh, if she managed to not test positive at 2 american world's, she isn't pissing hot. USADA was probably hoping they'd catch her as they caught the scores of others.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,036
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    ehh, if she managed to not test positive at 2 american world's, she isn't pissing hot. USADA was probably hoping they'd catch her as they caught the scores of others.
    That's not strong support either though.
    Hsu, Lin and Chen competed a combined four times in Houston/Anaheim and were only suspended year(s) later by other authorities.

    As for the actual performance today, I think the 110 is a good lift if it happened in 2011 and a clear press out if this was 2021 Euros instead.

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,036
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matej.polak View Post
    Refs in M67A are jokers... they called good lift on Ergashev 1st snatch attempt (2 whites).
    I think I noticed 3-4 jury overturns so far, this one included. Some weird calls for certain.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,036
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by b_degennaro View Post
    Kuo was much more virilized back in 2012 than she is today. Her voice is more feminine now than back then too.
    She had serious bacne in London so you could be right. I just remember watching some Taiwanese program about 2 years ago covering her training, and her voice was uncomfortably coarse.

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,036
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how many have checked out the Pan Am list, but they don't appear to hold any B groups? Some of these sessions are huge.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by b_degennaro View Post
    Kuo was much more virilized back in 2012 than she is today. Her voice is more feminine now than back then too.
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    She had serious bacne in London so you could be right. I just remember watching some Taiwanese program about 2 years ago covering her training, and her voice was uncomfortably coarse.
    . . . . yes, she has visually cleaned up very nicely over the past 8 years. This is one of the issues with banning PEDs in sport: it largely eliminates the potential publication of data regarding how these things may be used over a decently long term to attain an optimal balance of desired anabolic effects vs. not-desired androgenic impacts. Maybe it's just some plastic surgery and crap load of make-up but, despite the apparent decrease of most visual androgenic side-effects, Kuo's performance has stabilized and perhaps even slightly improved over 10 years. I'm sure there was some up, down, even-more-down of dosing protocols over this past decade and, perhaps, even a running through of diverse compounds to find an optimal fit. It would be very interesting to see what they did and, of course, what they did not do with other lifters who, regardless of whether or not they got caught, ended up maintaining too much of a 2014-2016 Boyanka look. . . . all for optimizing use in the gen pop, of course. . .

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could also go the "muscle memory" route that she's been permanently enhanced by past anabolic use and is closing in on 95%+ of what they are capable of even without drug use now. We've got two US lifters (one who competed in another country, one who let their membership expire for a few years) that seem to have benefited from that in the mid 2010s. I heard from lifters at the time that said Blagoev hardly lost any strength when he came off. I know Antonio Krastev did 210/250 in 1996 at Lost Battalion as cab driver full time and not training full time.

  10. Likes Blairbob liked this post
  11. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by b_degennaro View Post
    Could also go the "muscle memory" route that she's been permanently enhanced by past anabolic use and is closing in on 95%+ of what they are capable of even without drug use now. We've got two US lifters (one who competed in another country, one who let their membership expire for a few years) that seem to have benefited from that in the mid 2010s. I heard from lifters at the time that said Blagoev hardly lost any strength when he came off. I know Antonio Krastev did 210/250 in 1996at Lost Battalion as cab driver full time and not training full time.
    I find it hard to believe he could get that close to his drugged peak numbers as a 35 y/o lifter without help tbh (not saying it's not true btw). He only C&J 250kg or more twice in his Worlds and Euros performances in the 80s. I think the permanent performance enhancement is overblown imo particularly in males. Years spent on and off AAS often has a big impact on a man's ability to produce testosterone. Some men are permanently tanked and require trt after years of use. Look at how far down Ilya was after going off, could barely C&J 200kg. Look at how far down the Russians are compared to their pre 2016 numbers. Look at all the youtube lifters who lose 20kg+ off their total between training and international comps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •