Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Asian/PanAm/Chinese Championships

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Helder View Post
    https://www.usada.org/sanction/cicely-kyle-accepts-doping-sanction/

Interesting
    Not the one from Power and Grace I think. Cicely from P&G is 36 years old.
    Last edited by b_degennaro; 04-21-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by b_degennaro View Post
    Not the one from Power and Grace. Cicely from P&G is 36 years old.
    Maybe the age is wrong? Unless both USAW Cicely's are from Pensacola?

http://promotingwomen.blogspot.com/2...interview.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanJM View Post
    Maybe the age is wrong? Unless both USAW Cicely's are from Pensacola?

http://promotingwomen.blogspot.com/2...interview.html
    Guess it is, since looking at the startlist from 2015 Nationals Cicely Kyle is listed under Power & Grace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was there a change in rules? Because the refs are blind to UZB lifters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday we had an interesting situation with both M81 categories being held on the same day with lifters therein being capable of a clean & jerk WR. In Asia obviously Lyu and Li and in the Americas Bonnat DOM who holds the continental record with 206. I really wonder what would have happened if one of the Chinese had done 208 earlier, if that news would've made it across the ocean in time. Imagine the Dominican coach picking 208 as well because the scoring software wasn't updated yet!
    Last edited by erpel; 04-22-2021 at 08:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe, it would be really interesting to see who would get the record. Not following the AME camps. I thought it's bit behind in terms of schedule of weightclasses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterdays Asia M81A was quite interesting. Again a young dog in the CHN team tries to challenge Lu Xiaojun, but fails.
    When i consider LuX being 36, having family and being on the absolute top since 2008, every single year (bombed two times), very impressive career.
    Hope he makes his 3rd OG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chinese results in the 81 class haven't improved with the switch from 77, while the rest of the world have (naturally) increased their totals here.

So, is Lyu going to hobble to a Tokyo gold on his last leg? I very much doubt 370 will be enough and he just can't jerk heavy any more at his age. 2019 is two years ago already and every year after 30 is brutal for this sport.

Pizzolato just did 370 with perhaps 2-3kg left, both the Colombian and Dominican are also in that range now if they make their heavier jerks.

If Lyu makes 176+200, yeah he wins. But I could equally see a shaky 170+195 witch won't cut it.

And Li is as strong at 81 as Lyu was at 77. Still very good, but the advantage is gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get me wrong.. i just hope he gets to his 3rd OG and closes his carrier with dignity.
    I don't expect him to get gold. If he does (because it's still possible) then good for him.
    There are also different ways how to "win" gold.. you know, Rahimov might be poped in the coming months/years.
    Last edited by matej.polak; 04-22-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    . . . Pizzolato just did 370 with perhaps 2-3kg left, both the Colombian and Dominican are also in that range now if they make their heavier jerks.

If Lyu makes 176+200, yeah he wins. But I could equally see a shaky 170+195 witch won't cut it.
    I think that Lyu still has an 85%-makeable 202 in him at any significant international comp, and he's definitely proven that he can pull out 170+ -- usually twice -- in any international comp (despite dicing-out on these sub-170 openers). Why he chose to go from 199 to 208 yesterday, I have no idea.

I hope he's able to go out in style in Tokyo; doing it for the older folks in the crowd. ANYWAY, in regards to those non-Chinese nipping at his heals. . . (1) I was under the impression that Colombia was slated to lose all or some more Tokyo slots due to recent PED violations, and (2) although Pizzolato definitely performed solidly at Europeans, the ability to hit 200+ regularly for him, Bonnat and Rodallegas (for the last two, a recent inability) is pretty much worse than Lu's ability to do the same as well as Lu's ability to go 170+ in the snatch.