Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Asian/PanAm/Chinese Championships

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matej.polak View Post
    Don't get me wrong.. i just hope he gets to his 3rd OG and closes his carrier with dignity.
    I don't expect him to get gold. If he does (because it's still possible) then good for him.
    There are also different ways how to "win" gold.. you know, Rahimov might be poped in the coming months/years.
    He has already been popped on a retest

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CNL View Post
    He has already been popped on a retest
    No, he's charged with urine sample swapping sometime in 2016. Still not resolved afaik.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...wapping-charge

Post Thanks / Like
    Catching up with yesterday: 200 at 49 from Delacruz is good indeed. There are several countries still on stanozolol who can't even do that.

Same with the 240 at 64 from Canada. Very competitive!

These results also further help distort the 'this is a drugged number' conversations.

4. Likes Bulldog73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mb_here View Post
    ANYWAY, in regards to those non-Chinese nipping at his heals. . . (1) I was under the impression that Colombia was slated to lose all or some more Tokyo slots due to recent PED violations [...]
    Colombia at the moment is not limited, however they could still be suspended before July. I didn't include this above because the "required" bans from February 2020 are still not finalized. And when they will be eventually there's still a further delay until the ITA actually bans the country, it's not an automatic process.

Since we're close to May already I'm 50/50 on Colombia succesfully stalling this further.
    Last edited by erpel; 04-22-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    TF happening in Asia M89A.
    Refs doing their "job" again.
    Rostami ranting.
    Ilyin appearing in warm up room.

Post Thanks / Like
    What did I miss in the livestream of 96kg PanAms? Why did Charles Manson (err. . . Boady S.) pass on his final C&J? Was it elbow pain hang-over from that snatch?

Also, good-on Damron. I don't think I've seen him go 6 for 6 at an international comp ever, and I think that he did it with in-comp PRs in snatch, C&J and total. . . . jerk is getting better.

Post Thanks / Like
    That was a really really enjoyable session to watch, the Pan-Am 96's. Such a variety of lifters, techniques, PR's, tactics and records.

9. Likes mb_here, Cleddau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Asian 96s: neither Tian, Moradi nor Hassona looked good. Injured and/or inconistent across the board. These guys may have a higher ceiling, but the performances at PanAms were better.

---
    I very much doubt Zhang Wangli is going to Tokyo. She was brought up as the 69 replacement and that's where she belongs. At 76 she just gets a belly but doesn't lift better (frame/height issue).

---
    I said it 2.5 years ago, I say it again: three heavy women's classes is such a waste. They're almost always doing the same numbers: from 76 to 87, and on all continents for that matter.

11. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    10 classes is too many for the men and women tbh. I think it would have been better to go with 7+7 and condense the talent into fewer classes. A sessions would be much tighter with potentially 7 or 8 lifters all fighting for a win in some cases.

13. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Li Wenwen.

That's it, that's the post.