Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Asian/PanAm/Chinese Championships

Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot attest to whether he was completely off the sauce there or taking minimal amounts, these are just numbers from Artie Drechsler and others who were there at the time. Either way, he was not training full time and with full support like he did back in Bulgaria, so I would assume not horse sized pills or grams of d-bol per week like before.

2. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the permanent performance enhancement is overblown imo particularly in males.
    As Brian attested to, Norik got pretty close to his old numbers in the US before his back went out. His leanness was noticeable though from Armenia compared to Colorado (even at 96). He did 180&220 (not together back there) and was in the mid 170s in the US with a CJ around 212 or 213.

I think he actually set some training PR's for strength while in the US though that was likely because he didn't take them up to a max back in Armenia.

From Norik's interview, it didn't sound like their doping program was very detailed. "Here is a bag of pills. Take them." At most, he likely used them for maybe 3 years. Not nearly as much compared to someone who did did for a decade, a decade and a half and who knows how much grams/week or month.
    Last edited by Blairbob; 04-20-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's not strong support either though.
    If I remember, the Taiwanese federation covered up Hsu's positive. Hsaio got busted for Stanozolol and Chen&Chin for Test. So likely they got burned on their timing of testing clear. HUANG for Dbol back in 2010.

There is a difference between testing natural and training natural.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is Jourdan Delacruz the best lifter in the US right now? Lord have mercy 89/111 at 49kgBW is outstanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    Is Jourdan Delacruz the best lifter in the US right now? Lord have mercy 89/111 at 49kgBW is outstanding.
    I would say that Jourdan's performance places her as one of the best US female lifters ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    Haven't looked at the ROBIs or ran the Sinclair to compare her to other team-USA folks now or historically, but that 200 is definitely impressive simply in relative-to-right-now-lifters' terms. It would have ran away with Europeans (Hayley R. would actually have tied for gold there at 189) and, though it would have been 5kg out of the medals at Asians, the 89 snatch would have picked up a bronze and the total would have been 11kg closer to the top-3 than anyone else in the comp (of note, Reichardt's total tied to 4th place Asian championships finisher). Given that China only gets to send one 49, Delacruz is solidly in the hunt for hardware in Tokyo; unless I'm missing something, it would actually be a disappointment if she didn't pick up hardware in Tokyo.

The overall quality of the US 49kg women's class is impressive (in my opinion). . . . including Jourdan and assuming that certain folks haven't retired or don't retire, there's like five US females who can go over 185 and three that can or will soon total over 190. It would seem that, for the world outside of Asia, the biggest fight one is going to get if one is a US citizen and internationally-aspiring 49kg female is at US nationals.

8. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i was quite surprised to see KAZ lifters with the same old coaching team.. quite disgusting

Post Thanks / Like
    And drug free....

Post Thanks / Like
    Alexey Ni needs to be blacklisted the same as Abadjiev was, same could go for Boltaev and his ilk that were training Team Astana. Insta-sanction if training under these groups.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.usada.org/sanction/cicely-kyle-accepts-doping-sanction/

Interesting
    Last edited by Helder; 04-21-2021 at 01:42 PM.