Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Asian/PanAm/Chinese Championships

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matej.polak View Post
    Little personal experience... focusing only on the lifts made me loose some of the "bulk" in my shoulders.
    I started to faint on C&J much more, just because the bar was "landing" on specific spot. Was i better in the lifts? Yes a little bit, if i was lucky and didn't get dizzy on warmup sets which brought the entire session down.
    Yup, something I notice that just lifts without any accessory exercises resulted in lessened mobility and aches and pains popping up in areas that usually never hurt before. Max strength tanks too. I do not buy that doing the lifts by themselves results in adequate mobility development and maintenance.

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of Sportivny articles to me seem to be written in a bit of an esoteric manner?
    They're in English and about weightlifting, but I'm not sure if I understand the point being made, or if there even is one.
    Last edited by erpel; 05-07-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chinese Nationals/National Games trials began today. This competition will run from 10th to 14th for women and 16th to 20th for men.

---
    In the W45 class 17 year old Chen Yarou (*2003) broke the senior world standard in the c&j and total with 83/109/192 (IWF standards are 85/108/191). These results are also new National records.

Video of her lifts:
    https://tv.cctv.com/2021/05/10/VIDEf...AH210510.shtml

However, she is noticeably virilized and personally that's a big issue (Chen is not entered for Junior worlds).

---
    W49 results are:

Liu Feng 91/115/206
    Zhao Jinhong 92/113/205 (will be at Junior worlds)
    Wang Jiali 93/111/204

Video of best lifts:
    https://tv.cctv.com/2021/05/10/VIDEW...Dc210510.shtml

Hou Zhihui and Jiang Huihua did not compete.
    Last edited by erpel; 05-11-2021 at 06:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is noticeable, Thailand levels of virilization. I wonder if they don't care because it is not an Olympic category and therefore China does not bother to send them to any World or Asian Championship?

Post Thanks / Like
    The "virilization" things needs to handled with a lot of nuance and some tip-toeing.

Countries are recruiting and sorting (sorting= national competition and ranking system) girls out in a strength sport.
    The girls who have the most masculine characteristics will usually do well / the best.

These masculine characteristics go hand in hand many times (not always, but to a certain level they do)..... its not surprising a super top level female athlete in a strength and power sport would look somewhat (very) masculine.

Could be like a Caster Seymnya case too....that not her 'fault' (so be careful insinuating PEDs).

So a big system like China, would invariably sort and find these types of female athletes at a high rate.

Even the ex-cheerleader-pop-star Mattie Rogers has a bit of a "jaw" or "chin" ... narrower hips, broader shoulders, etc. She's not exactly uber elite either.

------------------

And it has been said by some that China somehow seems to avoid a lot of sanctions/failed drug tests....

... assume they are doing this with very little drugs, and not with bribes or sample tampering.

You would then have to assume 'The System' is the reason for their success.
    That would include genetics, recruitment, sorting, etc spoke about above would be working to really high level for lifters like type mentioned above. So it wouldn't be surprising.

-----------------

Flip thru some pics of the WNBA all star teams from the last few years....
    ....is it virilization from PEDs, or something else?

-----------------

And then figure some of the lifters like a Lydia Valentin would never be caught dead without heavy make-up, a nice hair-do, pink feminine outfits, hips cocked sideways, head tilted just right .... for a picture.

Some other cultures / athletes / sports teams seem to not give a fuck about their appearances....they just win medals.
    Last edited by mbasic; 05-10-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would agree to give China a bigger benefit of the doubt due to their history versus Kazakhstan/Thailand/Bulgaria/et al. The Chinese women largely seem to not care much about their appearances, don't think they wear much if any makeup and some have shown unshaven pits in the past. This lifter could be completely clean but highly responsive to weightlifting like several women I know. I'm definitely at fault for that assumption.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by b_degennaro View Post
    I would agree to give China a bigger benefit of the doubt due to their history versus Kazakhstan/Thailand/Bulgaria/et al. The Chinese women largely seem to not care much about their appearances, don't think they wear much if any makeup and some have shown unshaven pits in the past. This lifter could be completely clean but highly responsive to weightlifting like several women I know. I'm definitely at fault for that assumption.
    They are lifting weights above world standard... Clean? I'm also at fault for assuming that they also are using chemical assistance like any other top lifter....

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to guess this is the first time we've heard of Chen Yarou and I would point out that one of the things that made Thailand so blatant was the change, especially over the course of a year (2017-2018). Some women have a "masculine" facial structure from birth and that's just how shit happened.

Her case is weird for sure. Could be natural hyperandrogenism (e.g. DSD), you don't get to win Chinese nationals without some biological advantage.

tbh it reminds me of Cao Lei/Liu Chunhong/Chen Xiexia.
    And sure - none of those three were ever caught for an androgen (GHRP-2 positive in re-analysis for all 3) but they have noticeably more "masculine" traits. Add Wang Jie (stanozolol) to the mix too.

Shaven/unshaven armpits is more of a Western beauty/appearance standard. Whilst some those Western standards do play out in China and around the world, I wouldn't use it as a marker of Chinese women caring or not caring about their appearance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    Chinese Nationals/National Games trials began today. This competition will run from 10th to 14th for women and 16th to 20th for men.

---
    In the W45 class 17 year old Chen Yarou (*2003) broke the senior world standard in the c&j and total with 83/109/192 (IWF standards are 85/108/191).

Video of her lifts:
    https://tv.cctv.com/2021/05/10/VIDEf...AH210510.shtml

However, she is noticeably virilized and personally that's a big issue (Chen is not entered for Junior worlds).

---
    W49 results are:

Liu Feng 91/115/206
    Zhao Jinhong 92/113/205 (will be at Junior worlds)
    Wang Jiali 93/111/204

Video of best lifts:
    https://tv.cctv.com/2021/05/10/VIDEW...Dc210510.shtml

Hou Zhihui and Jiang Huihua did not compete.
    Did you have the province Chen was from? I'm guessing Hunan from my exactly zero Mandarin skills listening to that video.

Ditto for the W49 results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chen Yarou represents Hunan, correct. Liu Feng W49 represents Chongqing.