Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  2

Thread: Toshiki Yamamoto interview about antidoping

Post Thanks / Like

Toshiki Yamamoto interview about antidoping

Its a response to Clarence's anti antidoping video.

I really liked it. A lot of things resonated with me and my own principles, maybe it will with some of you too.

One of the most interesting parts was when it was mentioned that his squat strength is up there with the world's elite who dope, but his technical lifts are a little behind. His reasoning was the sheer amount of time needed to build that foundation does not allow natural lifters to also put a huge amount of time into the technical work, and so he wanted to first at least match their strength before shifting his focus (if he ever would). This is something often swept under the carpet by a lot of people in the 'just snatch and c&j, that's all you need" camp, which doesn't work for a lot of folks with regards to serious long term progress.

2. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the chances of him being natty are between slim and none lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, great contribution to the thread! Guy on internet calls a world class athlete a 'fake natty' and finishes it up with a 'lol'! Classic stuff. Thanks DylanJM!

5. Dislikes matej.polak disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CNL View Post
    Wow, great contribution to the thread! Guy on internet calls a world class athlete a 'fake natty' and finishes it up with a 'lol'! Classic stuff. Thanks DylanJM!
    I aim to please.

7. Dislikes matej.polak disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the most interesting parts was when it was mentioned that his squat strength is up there with the world's elite who dope, but his technical lifts are a little behind. His reasoning was the sheer amount of time needed to build that foundation does not allow natural lifters to also put a huge amount of time into the technical work, and so he wanted to first at least match their strength before shifting his focus (if he ever would). This is something often swept under the carpet by a lot of people in the 'just snatch and c&j, that's all you need" camp, which doesn't work for a lot of folks with regards to serious long term progress.
    I agree with the statement. You simply cannot squeze the time needed to develop necessary strength level and performance in the lifts all at once to elite level.
    Is there still someone propagating the idea of "snatch and c&j" only? It sounds like nothing changed over the 3 years i was not following weightlifting.

I agree with the statement Toshiki made: "it's hard to see what's real and what's fake".
    It's sad for natural lifters as they are under same scrutiny/suspicion as their doping buddies. Some ignorant ppl accuse you of steroids use because you can lift 24kg.
    Not sure what i, as an individual, can do about this. Don't think that someone will change his mind just by reading a forum post or watching a yt video.
    I am always suspect when a 16 years old boy from Bulgaria lifts big weights, but what can i do about it? They earned that legacy.
    When someone "uninitiated" is watching with me.. i always use a "disclaimer" that the medalists need to pass the tests if they want to keep their medals.
    Btw. the medal ceremony should happen only after tests :P.