Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South American, Ibero American and Open 10-16 May

Post Thanks / Like

South American, Ibero American and Open 10-16 May

Do you guys know where to find the start list?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe that we are still having this conversation in 2021.

AFAIK the start list has not been posted anywhere on the Internet. Your best bet might be to email the Colombian Federation and request it.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    "why is rostami here" - me, for like the third time

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Iranians collectively understood the qualification system poorly, or not at all in the case of Rostami.

6. Likes Blairbob, Cleddau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if Sohrab could put 30kg on his total, the event is silver not gold and that would only be him 200 more pts for his robi total. It would not likely push him past 20th and there seem to be 2 other Iranians ahead of him (though a pristine Sohrab would trounce them).

Unless, of course they just want a good excuse to go to Colombia (when there are riots going on). I mean, shit... go to Colombia or stay home?

Post Thanks / Like
    Moradi is at 25th at the moment yes, but a lot of lifters ahead of him will be removed from the rankings. It's possible he'll get the Asian slot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seb posted about this on reddit. The IWF site was down a bit today but is finally back up.

As it stands now, Asayonak is ranked 8th in the World. That's with throwing out one of the Colombians. DAVITADZE from Georgia too.

Dongju would be up for the continental spot but he's an 89 who hasn't quite done 370. Korea has a guy in 61, Won in 73, 2 109s and Ham actually should get the Asia Continental spot. So it's a tossup whether Dongju goes or a 109. Looks like Dongju won't place as high so we'll zero him out as a guess.

It also depends if a sanction against Colombia goes through. 2 months to go. I'm kind of a pessimist and think they will keep stalling getting the ball rolling on the nation sanctions until after Tokyo. There is an EB meeting in a week then the congress meets at the end of June.

Armenia won't likely send Hakob.

Miri won't go or any other Iranian.

RASULBEKOV Bekdoolot would be ahead of Sohrab by -137pts. 388 gets the job done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    Moradi is at 25th at the moment yes, but a lot of lifters ahead of him will be removed from the rankings. It's possible he'll get the Asian slot.
    It is possible. If the Iranian Federation chooses not to accept invitations for their higher ranked Iranians athletes then the invitation will be issued to the next ranked lifter - which could well be Moradi based on the current rankings.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all moot now. someone posted that Moradi scratched his CJ after 170 maybe hurting his hand/wrist.

Tian vs Meso vs Anton anyone?