Likes Likes:  40
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games" Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    Why is that?
    Because redditors can be tiresome.

Mosquera's 330 and now 331 I didn't think was a fluke per se but I still think he was lucky to hit them. Mosquera can be an erratic lifter and I think the reality is that he had a couple of good days in COL and now in Tokyo. If this form continues, then perhaps I'll reflect on it and say that he's improving with his new coach. He was always physically capable of these numbers (and more) but would always go 2-3/6 with big jumps.

2. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hidilyn Dias - that final C&J is why I love this sport. OMG

Post Thanks / Like
    That was a 10 (!) kg PB for Diaz as her previous best was 214 (and 217 at 58 for that matter).

China was too conservative in the snatch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely incredible from Hidilyn Diaz. Really thought China would be more aggressive in the C&J.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think Liao could've gone higher in the c&j today. 126 here looked harder than both 128 & 129 from 2019.

95-98-100 snatch was the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    5 lifters between 94kg and 96kg going into the c&j in the 59s right now. Gonna be tight for silver and bronze.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is anyone keeping track of the number of jury stops? Because it feels like a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    Is anyone keeping track of the number of jury stops? Because it feels like a lot.
    I’ve always wondered what was going through the minds of Behdad Salimikordasiabi and his coaches when they started shouting at the Jury in the Rio Olympics.

The Jury at Tokyo is helping me to understand their frustration.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that 64kilo session was utterly amazing.

Canada Gold, Maude Charon overcame a missed opening clean to win a well deserved medal. Bordignon with the superior strategy backed by her clutch lifting, and Wen-Huai hanging on at the end for Bronze.

The lift quality in that session was outstanding. It has to be said, when you take the couple of outliers off the top of a session, this is what you get. If someone was new to watching weightlifting, this was a great advertisement for the sport. Yeah okay they weren't near the world records but as a competition it was awesome - well done to the competitors and coaches have to get a mention too, the tactical decisions must have been very tough.

11. Likes mb_here liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rahmat Abdullah 152/190 from the B session, that kid is good.

Cardenas from Mexico using the challenge card to get back his 175 3rd attempt back after it was red lighted for starting the lift after the clock expired. He made it by hundreths, I cant recall seeing a challenge card used successfully for that before.

13. Likes Bulldog73 liked this post