Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The "Chit Chat" Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    The junior Juniansyah INA has very good jerk technique that should be emulated by Eastern Europe (males).

---

Administrative functions in federations should not be staffed by 80+ year olds. The fact this was an amendment which got voted down at the congress is absurd. Just enjoy your retirement, Jesus Christ.

---

Independent of the IWF/EWF stuff, I'm somewhat surprised Agapitov RUS was not let go by his superiors (Ministry of Sport) simply for lack of results in 2020-2021.
    Agapitov has the weirdest position in this whole modern WL narrative. He seems to be playing the role of reformer at the same time as being hand-cuffed to the past - appears to be liked and un-liked at the same time. I feel for the guy in some ways because reforming Russian WL into a compliant and competitive animal, whilst putting up with some serious internal and international heat, would be a sucky job.

2. Likes strapping liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, thanks. They certainly have the necessary infrastructure still in storage from the AWC/JWC.
    It has been confirmed. The 2021 Senior World Championships will be held in Tashkent from 6-17 December.

The event will be run in conjunction with the 2021 Commonwealth Senior Championships (which will be the primary qualifying event for the 2022 Commonwealth Games).

4. Likes Blairbob, wigan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post
    It has been confirmed. The 2021 Senior World Championships will be held in Tashkent from 6-17 December.

The event will be run in conjunction with the 2021 Commonwealth Senior Championships (which will be the primary qualifying event for the 2022 Commonwealth Games).
    Interesting, where have you got this info from? I can't see anything on the IWF site

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleddau View Post

I've heard the same, also that the Commonwealth Weightlifting Federation has requested a two week extension of the qualifying period for the 2022 Commonwealth Games to allow each continent to hold one more qualifying competition.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Commonwealth champs are being held in Tashkent?

Post Thanks / Like
    The Commonwealth champs are being held in Tashkent?
    My wording was a bit clumsy, but yes. The World Championships are being held in Tashkent and they will also serve as the Commonwealth Senior Championships.

The reason for this is that none of the member countries in the Commonwealth Weightlifting Federation are in a position to host the Commonwealth Championships due to border and travel restrictions that would either prevent athletes and officials from entering the host country or require the attendees to spend lengthy periods in quarantine. In other years these restrictions might have caused the competition to be cancelled but it has a particular importance this year since it is the principal qualifying event for the 2022 Commonwealth Games. Consequently the CWF has requested that the event be held in conjunction with the World Championships in Tashkent since it provides a realistic and obtainable opportunity for athletes who wish to travel and compete.

For the avoidance of doubt, I have no particular insight into these decisions. I am just relaying information that is being communicated to the Commonwealth member federations so they can plan and prepare for the Commonwealth Games. This information isn't secret but it hasn't been formally announced.

Post Thanks / Like
    New constitution (135 pages)

Comments from Davies GBR & ItG

TL;DR: you cannot be on the EB if your nation has 6 sanctions in the previous, not current, Olympic cycle.

(imho that number should be lower)

10. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish we had a way of reliable communication with PRK. When will they field a team again?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish we had a way of reliable communication with PRK. When will they field a team again?
    Judging by this, could be a little while. When preliminary entries for Worlds come out we will know a little bit more.

Post Thanks / Like
    There was only four days between the official announcement of the IWF World Championships and the closing deadline for preliminary entries.

That's pretty brutal. I don't expect there will be a large number of entries this year.