Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The "Chit Chat" Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    According to instagram Lasha will be there

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpeter View Post
    Judging by this, could be a little while.
    This could be the second step in a downward spiral. PRK also withdrew from the FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

Voluntary absence with questionable reasoning -> exclusion as punishment -> doubling down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    This could be the second step in a downward spiral. PRK also withdrew from the FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

Voluntary absence with questionable reasoning -> exclusion as punishment -> doubling down.
    I think it's more likely COVID related since they just rejected millions of doses from China and previously from Russia and South Korea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Next competition without PRK lifters: Youth worlds.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a look at the average podium totals of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games vs. the 2021 National Games of China. The absence of North Korea deflated the Tokyo numbers a bit, as expected.

6. Likes Hawkpeter, Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do we think the 2021 Asian champs will happen at all? Don't have a date, city or country yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still don't think we need another PanAms or Worlds this year and the same goes for Asians.

the only reason I think we're bothering is because there are fiscal contracts on the line aka money to be made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    Do we think the 2021 Asian champs will happen at all? Don't have a date, city or country yet.
    I haven't personally asked, but I could chase it up if you'd like.

It could simply be cancelled and results pulled from Worlds to determine the medals, as Commonwealth Senior Championships will do. It could also be run online as per the new IWF Online Event Regulations under which the Oceania Championships was run last week. As far as I know, this competition will count as a qualifier for the 2022 Commonwealth Games should the IWF and CGF allow it. The results aren't on the IWF results section yet but I suspect that's usually just the slow rate at which results are typically uploaded.

Post Thanks / Like
    To be frank, I do not take "online" competitions seriously. Rules and such may be followed, I still don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    I still don't think we need another PanAms or Worlds this year and the same goes for Asians.
    WWC is fine from my point of view, since we technically had none in 2020 or 2021. However, agreed for Continental champs.

---
    After the verification of entries, Nasar BUL M81 was still listed for the current Euro Juniors. But he did not compete. #eyeroll
    Last edited by erpel; 10-02-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how long Nasar/Bulgaria will be able to maintain his high level of lifting under the current testing protocols.