Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WL at the 14th National Games of China (2021)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh right , I didn't even notice her (Long Xue) age.

Liao Qiuyun needing rest is something I agree with. Or more appropriately, needing appropriate help and time to deal with her knee injury, which will likely take her out of Worlds. It's a little unsurprising that she was injured prior to the Olympics, but it's dreadful that she's still being pushed now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Luo Shifang showing why good jerk technique is important in a weightlifting competition.

Post Thanks / Like
    After the snatch I questioned why Deng Wei was not in Tokyo. After the clean & jerk I understood.

Looked like a specific knee pressure angle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erpel View Post
    After the snatch I questioned why Deng Wei was not in Tokyo. After the clean & jerk I understood.

Looked like a specific knee pressure angle.
    With the way she was limping, most likely a hamstring injury from the first clean. Squat Jerk Journalist says that she thinks it's a hamstring injury too. I'd suspected hamstring in the 2nd attempt but wasn't sure because the pull was continued a little bit. After the third, it became more likely.

From memory, this isn't the same injury that she incurred at Asians (allegedly a "waist" injury, my guess is back pain). It is however, the same injury that Shi Zhiyong incurred pre-Olympics, dampening his pull (which is why you were correct about his maturity of not power cleaning in Tokyo).

For all the fancy toys and movements they have, they could've just programmed heavy good mornings, stiff legged deadlifts, leg curls or all the other basic strength exercises that any gym rat should know about.

5. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any live feed for 76kg?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Grandma Xiang Yanmei showing the youth of today how it's done.

Peng Cuiting can probably snatch 130 on a good day already.
    Last edited by erpel; Yesterday at 05:38 AM.

9. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grandma
    yeah 29 year old boomers

Peng Cuiting really up there in the snatch. Bizarre to see someone snatch to that level (and with that style more particularly) whilst barely being able to stand up cleans.

Zhang Wangli's lifting has been disappointing. Curious to see if she was injured or something during the Olympic cycle and coming back from that - she's always been a bit inconsistent but this was a little sad to see.

11. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Xiang already won silver in the NG of 2009 when these girls were 8. Eight! She's a veteran since her Rio gold. These kids need to give up their seats.

I have no insider info, but Zhang's up and down and up and down resemble "training around injury, every year". We know she can do 120+155 if in her prime. But also we shouldn't forget this is not her ideal category, again she only weighed 73.51 today.

W87 thoughts: I only today noticed that Bao Yangxi who won Nationals was missing here. Otherwise expected result with Kang Yue a perennial victim of her elbow (un-)lock. I honestly cannot count how many "made" lifts she lost because of this.