Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Europeans

Post Thanks / Like
    At the risk of this forum going down again - here goes.
    It's been stable awhile now so I think it's gonna hold. I'm gonna post a sticky to Reddit after YouthWorlds (though it doesn't seem like anyone gives a shit about it) and see if we can get some more ppl to come over who aren't the young dumbasses type.

No idea about this hub bub about WLHouse. I don't even see their advertising as I tend to check out when ads come on. It can't nearly be bad as Dane's stuff on IG and YT.

2. Likes Hawkpeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blairbob View Post
    It's been stable awhile now so I think it's gonna hold. I'm gonna post a sticky to Reddit after YouthWorlds (though it doesn't seem like anyone gives a shit about it) and see if we can get some more ppl to come over who aren't the young dumbasses type.
    Maybe a small percentage of young dumbasses is tolerable? They need to be taught!

4. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My local WL friends and I are young (Youth-U23) - we all keep off WLreddit because it makes us mald. Not worth our energy.

We're not "old school" (read: boomer), just not tolerant of bullshit if it lacks substance which is common with the memefication of weightlifting. We like memes and bullshit, we just don't like shit memes and bullshit without backup. Moderation can only do so much, the crowd of internet weightlifters online is just a different audience to what my friends and I are. Especially the women I'm friends with, they'd hate WLreddit lol.

I'm sure there may be a few who would be keen on something like this but it's a very different environment to reddit and the rest of social media. Long form discussion, and getting to really know someone, is really hard on reddit and social media. I find nowadays that I just mostly talk about weightlifting in person or in direct messaging/group chats.

The anonymity of reddit by virtue of literal anonymity and size the community means that people (myself included when I was previously active) are more prone to be jaded and inconsiderate. That, along with the fact that I can unintentionally come off as aggressive when I'm tired/not thinking about my use of language, makes it a place of general bleh for me.

Not to say that it's necessarily a bad thing - it's just not for me.
    Last edited by strapping; 06-16-2022 at 06:35 PM.

6. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Especially the women I'm friends with, they'd hate WLreddit lol.
    trying to deal with this but i do understand given some other subreddits i visit with lots of young dumbasses. it solidifies Lucero's opinion of it. not all are bad but some are very.

Post Thanks / Like

9. Likes Hawkpeter, Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Helder View Post
    Never stop Bud - you do you *salute emoji*

11. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think they make neoprene sleeves big enough for Lasha.

13. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's the first competition report since Tokyo that was an actual competition report from him