Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: DHS 190kg Training Set Review - Bar, Bumper Plates, Change Plates, Collars

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by n___p View Post
    Mine has slightly discolored on the sleeves as well, and oddly enough, I keep mine mostly in my car as well - I don't know if its light surface rust or just from constantly loading plates on the sleeves.
    Yeah that is what mine is like.

I really am not very concerned with that but I did read somewhere that rust on the sleeves might also mean rust in the bar so I just wanted to double check.

Amazing bar though huh?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I am guying to buy a full DHS set with a woman's bar whenever I find out where I want to live for good so my GF and I can both have nice bars.

Post Thanks / Like
    @Keef

Is this similar to the rust/discoloring you see on your bar?

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Post Thanks / Like
    Reviving this thread to get more advice.

I've had my DHS training bar for the last 5 years. Still working good, but I've been cleaning the gym due to the lockdown and I realised that the spin may not be as smooth as before. Anyone else here have advice on how to lubricate it? I know 3-in-1 oil will breakdown the grease on the inside - not sure which type of grease will work.

Will PTFE/Teflon spray down the sides of the shaft be ok? or LPS 2 spray? I am a little hesitant and unsure about taking it apart. Thanks

5. Likes Blairbob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i thought the ptfe was only for uesaka bars because they use a dry lube system