Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071

Thread: Clarence Kennedy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendog View Post
    Maybe that is the point. 70 pages for this guy is pretty silly
    Maybe it is. However he's the only guy i know of, that documented pretty much his whole path from zero to hero on youtube.
    So maybe the 70 pages, are well deserved.

2. Likes BCrawford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe that is the point. 70 pages for this guy is pretty silly
    That's just hate because you can't do cool tricks and look like a slightly balding Harry Potter meets Kal-El guy.

How many was there on Jon North?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sporting View Post
    He’s going to be a “who”very soon if he keeps up the Patreon thing. I like his videos and used to love it when he posted more often but if he chooses to post content that’s now “ paid subscription only “ it’s not going to serve him well IMO. But i could be wrong and the way of the future is paying some nominal fee to watch a dude lift big weights in training...

His 187.5 looked easy though he’s good for 190+
    I think is "paywall" is like 1 dollar a month. At least thats what someone on reddit posted which is incredibly reasonable especially since people say he post even more frequently on it. He was never a "frequent" youtuber and posted about a video a month or every two months so I don't see it messing with his frequency. A lot of his youtube success has started to come from his frequent collabs with big name youtubers like those other tricking dudes, Juji, and Omar. Like Calicaxx said its really hard to build up money on youtube now so he can't focus on the channel more than he already has.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PVCPipe View Post
    I think is "paywall" is like 1 dollar a month. At least thats what someone on reddit posted which is incredibly reasonable especially since people say he post even more frequently on it. He was never a "frequent" youtuber and posted about a video a month or every two months so I don't see it messing with his frequency. A lot of his youtube success has started to come from his frequent collabs with big name youtubers like those other tricking dudes, Juji, and Omar. Like Calicaxx said its really hard to build up money on youtube now so he can't focus on the channel more than he already has.
    Yeah I throw Clarence a dollar a month. I support a few youtubers on patreon, just a dollar a month to the top 10 or so channels I watch, Clarence being the only weightlifting related one. Clarence doesn't even have a higher tier than 1 dollar. Most of the videos are up on youtube for free anyway. He's done a couple of patreon live training sessions but in his defence he tried it free for everyone first and the comments were just spam and immature stuff.

6. Likes matej.polak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because I don't want to or know how to start a new thread. . . it looks like there soon may be another YouTube, weightlifting-oriented channel featuring a Clarence. . . a different Clarence, but one who also has a world-class total (or at least is world class in one of the lifts):

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb75Xcah...y=cj__cummings

Post Thanks / Like
    For what it's worth, I don't care if Clarence uses Patreon to make money. I guess it's just the way things are now... so if you're good at something and people are willing to pay you money to keep doing something you're good at then have at it. $1 isn't nearly crazy to what some people donate on a regular basis or how some streamers make a living in various hobbies.

With that said though, I feel the biggest draw to Clarence was the fact that he wasn't as available as everyone else.

You'd have all sorts of US lifters with tons of followers and viewers, training in nice facilities with coaching staff and getting small-time sponsorships or promoting Virus discounts or whatever.... and then in some dingy basement, training by himself, using sub-par equipment and mixed-matching plates, with no national backing or coaching, lifting huge numbers (even before more obvious drug use) and posting out of the shadows once every 6mo of some crazy 5x5 or huge PR. No words, just a gym-silent 2-3min lifting video out of the blue.

To me that was the big draw for Clarence. Happy to see him making a bigger name for himself and getting a wider audience and some of that e-fame, but the "mysteriousness" of his entire character was really the coolest thing about it in my opinion.

Edit* Will be interesting to see what CJ can manage with is channel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
    For what it's worth, I don't care if Clarence uses Patreon to make money. I guess it's just the way things are now... so if you're good at something and people are willing to pay you money to keep doing something you're good at then have at it. $1 isn't nearly crazy to what some people donate on a regular basis or how some streamers make a living in various hobbies.

With that said though, I feel the biggest draw to Clarence was the fact that he wasn't as available as everyone else.

You'd have all sorts of US lifters with tons of followers and viewers, training in nice facilities with coaching staff and getting small-time sponsorships or promoting Virus discounts or whatever.... and then in some dingy basement, training by himself, using sub-par equipment and mixed-matching plates, with no national backing or coaching, lifting huge numbers (even before more obvious drug use) and posting out of the shadows once every 6mo of some crazy 5x5 or huge PR. No words, just a gym-silent 2-3min lifting video out of the blue.

To me that was the big draw for Clarence. Happy to see him making a bigger name for himself and getting a wider audience and some of that e-fame, but the "mysteriousness" of his entire character was really the coolest thing about it in my opinion.

Edit* Will be interesting to see what CJ can manage with is channel.
    Yeah that's fair. Clarence just seems really humble. I messaged him on facebook asking his advice on training a few years ago, he ended up sending me a really detailed response and we had a bit of a back and forth. Cool guy.